Poor memory in a child, teenager or an adult is always bad
You feel that you are assimilating new information worse. You forget basic things and your quality of life decreases. What if your memory becomes bad, distraction appeares and you begin to forget everything? We will try to give you working tips.
Why am I forgetting everything? Unfortunately, this question has no definite answer. The reasons for poor memory can be different. Starting from chronic fatigue and the fact that the modern lifestyle presupposes a constant rush, and the brain simply cannot cope with so many tasks.
The most common reasons are:
- stress, anxiety, worries. The human brain focuses on the problem because of which anxiety appears. As a result, memory deteriorates, the person becomes distracted.
- Alcohol. It slows down the thinking process, reduces the perception of the surrounding world. Antidepressants and other anti-anxiety medications can have a similar effect.
- Smoking. Nicotine and other toxic substances significantly impair visual and short-term memory.
- Chronic fatigue and lack of sleep are one of the common causes of distracted memory.
- Lack of vitamins (folic, nicotinic acids).
- The most common reason is a habit of rushing. In a hurry, a person does not concentrate on trifles and forgets about them.
What should be done to improve memory?
- First, you have to reconsider your lifestyle: bad habits, constant lack of sleep and even sugar abuse: all this can affect the memory. Try to start living a healthy lifestyle and you will notice the first improvements in a few days.
- Second, try to develop sustained concentration. Try to devote at least 10 minutes to one task and only then, if necessary, switch to another task. Try to avoid multitasks.
- Third, provide yourself with a comfortable environment without constant stress. A little stress can also help mobilize the brain and better cope with current tasks, but constant stress does a lot of damage and interferes with being productive.
By the way, learning a foreign language, you develop your memory in the most effective way! Spanish with Maestro24 – your way to the next level!